You are eligible to submit a composition for 2017 – 18 if:
- You are under the age of 23yrs on 1 September 2018
- You are in full time education or have a permanent residential address in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion or Pembrokeshire
We can offer the following support to anyone interested in taking part:
The Resident Ensemble will introduce their instruments, provide guidance on writing for them and, with composer Lynne Plowman, explore different approaches to writing a piece for piano trio. There will be three presentations (one in each county) on the following dates:
- Wednesday 20 September 11.30am – 1pm Tasker Milward School, Haverfordwest
- Thursday 21 September 10.30am – 12noon Aberaeron Secondary School
- Friday 22 September 10.30am – 12noon Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth, Cefneithin
Composer in Residence Scheme
During October – December, Lynne will visit schools that have signed up to our Composer Residency scheme and deliver two composition workshops at each school.
Anyone interested in submitting a composition (regardless of whether they have attended the September presentations or autumn workshops) can apply for an individual tutorial with Lynne to discuss and refine their piece in detail. These will take place during January – February 2018.
If you would like to apply for a tutorial please download the application form below and submit it by post or email to Cathy Morris
The deadline for applications for a tutorial is Wednesday 13 December 2017.
Deadline for Submissions
Compositions can be submitted either as pdfs or hard copies. Copies of the full score and each individual part along with the submission form should be sent by post or email to Cathy Morris
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 14 February 2017.
The submitted compositions will be performed at a series of school showcases taking place during the week beginning 19th March 2018.