YMMD recognises that everyone has a contribution to make, and everyone has a right to equal opportunity. No one involved in the work of our charity, be that in a paid or voluntary role, and no one who is a participant or beneficiary of our work will be discriminated against on the grounds of:
- sexual orientation
- religion or belief, or lack of religion or belief
- or any other unlawful or unfair discrimination
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination, and eliminate harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- Treating everyone fairly and with respect.
- Ensuring that selection of paid employees, and the recruitment of masterclass leaders, resident musicians/composers and accompanists will be on the basis of aptitude and ability alone.
- Allowing equal access to our activities for any students put forward by schools, colleges and music teachers.
- Ensuring that all who contribute to the work of our charity are aware of their legal and moral obligation not to discriminate.
YMMD is totally committed to:
- Creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all are recognised and valued.
- Creating an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all, and where any form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will not be tolerated.
- Ensuring that equal opportunities are available to all who are involved in the work of the charity, and where breaches of this policy will be treated seriously and could lead to disqualification from involvement
- Regularly monitoring and reviewing this policy and its implementation.
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all who are involved in the work of our charity. Hence, all who join the charity in a paid or voluntary role will be made aware of its existence and will be required to conform to it. This policy was formally adopted by the Board of Trustees on 20 September 2022